Northern Kentucky Children’s Ensemble
Choral training for treble singers (unchanged voices), 6th grade and up.
** 2017 Fall FunFest!! **
Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017, 9 am - 4 pm
Boone county campus: 1440 Boone Aire Rd, Florence, KY 41042
Vendors, crafters, Silent auction, games & face painting, food.
Free admission and parking!
Click HERE to see the Facebook event page
Click HERE for the Fall FunFest 2017 flyer
A great way to spend Wednesday afternoons! Meet new people, learn new songs, and travel to new places. Plus, sing a diverse collection of music from multiple countries in various languages. Styles also include Pop, Broadway, Jazz, and Folk. This choir has a rich tradition in choral music and performs in the community as well as across the state and nation.
Auditions for the Northern Kentucky Children’s Ensemble will be held Tuesday, August 29, 2017, beginning at 4:00 pm.
Please call (859) 341-8555 for appointment, though walk-ins are also welcome.
Rehearsals: Wednesdays, 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Immanuel UMC, 2551 Dixie Highway, Lakeside Park, KY 41017
Tuition: $190 per semester per student.
Duration: 2 semesters per year, Sept-Dec and Jan-Apr.
Registration information can be found on our Registration page.
- Spring 2017 Concert: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 4:00 pm
St. John's United Church of Christ
415 Park Ave, Newport, KY
Tickets $5, $10, $20
- Past events include:
- Ken Lucas' retirement dinner.
- Rosemary Clooney's Homecoming for KET.
- Performance with the Canadian Brass at the Aronoff.
- Singing the national anthem at a Red's baseball game.
- Being the on-stage children's choir for the Broadway production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, performed with the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra at the Taft Theatre.
- Performing as a guest group for CarolFest in Music Hall.
- Featured performers at the Kentucky Music Educator's Conference in Louisville on several occasions.
- Featured performer at Governor Ernie Fletcher's inauguration.
- Taping for TV's Mickey's 100th birthday celebration shown on Christmas Day.
- Hosted at National Children's Choir Festival at Carnegie Hall in 1998 and 2002; returned as a participant in 2014.
- Past tours to Nashville, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Champagne, Chicago, St. Louis, Toronto CA, Windsor CA, Detroit, New York City, Orlando, Washington D.C., and San Antonio.
- Nashville Worldstrides Onstage Competition
- Rating: Gold
- Adjudicator’s Award for scores above 95
- Outstanding Choral Ensemble of the competition (all other choral ensembles were high schoolers)
Northern Kentucky School of Music of Immanuel
2551 Dixie Highway, Lakeside Park, KY 41017